The annual Requiem for those buried in St Patrick's Cemetery, Langthorne Road, Leytonstone E11 4HL, takes place in the cemetery chapel on Saturday, 23rd November at 10.30am. Sung Mass is followed by blessing of graves.
St Patrick's Catholic Cemetery opened in 1868 to cope with the population expansion in Hackney in the 19th century. The cemetery buildings, including its yellow brick Gothic mortuary chapel, were designed by the Roman Catholic architect Samuel J. Nicholl who designed a number of Catholic churches, as well as the cemetery buildings of St Mary’s Catholic Cemetery at Kensal Green. By the early 1980s 168,000 burials are recorded as having taken place at St Patrick's. (Source: London Gardens Online website)
Leytonstone, E11 4HL