Mass of Ages Print Edition - Winter 2021
Mass of Ages is the quarterly magazine of the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales. It contains reports on our many activities across the country, national and international news of Traditional Catholic events, feature articles on different aspects of traditional Faith and culture, and opinions and views on developments in the Catholic Church.
There is no charge for the magazine but we do ask for a contribution towards the cost of posting it to you. This cost will be calculated as you proceed through the checkout.
• The 1971 Petition: Joseph Shaw on how the great and the good came together fifty years ago to help save the Traditional Mass • Sole survivor: how Vladimir Ashkenazy, the last of Marnau’s petitioners, has been honoured by the FIUV • Angels among us: Father David Gornell on the reality and importance of the spirit world • St Mary’s, Husbands Bosworth: the return of the Latin Mass to one of the great historic centres of the Catholic Faith • Ad Jesum per Mariam: an update on the Marian Franciscans • Chideock Pilgrimage: Maurice Quinn reports
Also in this edition:
The Chairman’s Message: On life under Traditionis Custodes
An altarpiece made new: Paul Robinson on commissioning a portrait of St Bede
St Walburge’s appeal: help save one of the country’s greatest Catholic churches
Our regular columnists:
• Family Matters: James Preece on how traditional Catholic families can help each other
• Art and Devotion, Caroline Farey on a 10th century Byzantine ivory icon
• Architecture: Paul Waddington on the cathedrals of Edward Welby Pugin
• Charles A. Coulombe remembers Edward Lisle Strutt
• Mary O’Regan remembers her favourite Saint
• Wine: Sebastian Morello on the pleasures of Chianti
This edition of Mass of Ages includes a supplement for children, consisting of a crossword and pictures to colour.