The Order of Mass: Missal of Blessed John XXIII
This booklet, ideal for parish use, is not only a guide for those acquainting themselves with the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite (popularly known as the Tridentine Rite), but also a resource for those already familiar with this rich liturgy.
Beautifully typeset and illustrated,
This Order of Mass also contains an introduction to the Extraordinary Form, giving a brief history of the development of the liturgy.
Other features include:
- Foreword by the Archbishop of Melbourne, Australia,
- Devotional prayers for before and after Mass
- The prefaces of the season or feast, as well as select prefaces from the Pauline Missal approved for use with the Extraordinary Form
- Thanksgiving prayers after Holy Communion
- Motu propio “Summorum Pontificum” of Pope Benedict XVI
- Letter of Pope Benedict XVI to Bishops
- Decisions of the Ecclesia Dei Commission