Walsingham Prayer Book
In 1061 in the small Norfolk village of Walsingham, the Saxon Lady of the Manor, Richeldis, received an instruction from the Virigin Mary to build a copy of the Holy House of Nazareth where the Annunciation occured. Here a venerable image of Our Lady was enshrined and began to attract pilgrims from all over Christendom.
Walsingham was one of the four major places of pilgrimage in Europe until the Reformation in 1538 and the destruction of the shrine. However, the restoration of the Slipper Chapel in 1896 marked the return of the pilgrims and today 'England's Nazareth' attracts some 150,000 visitors each year.
This prayer book contains the most popular prayers, litanies and hymns associated with devotion to Our Lady of Walsingham, as well as beautiful colour photographs of the shrine itself. It is ideal for both individuals and groups.